Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Why?

     I really don’t understand.  Really.  Why must everything, every stinkin’ thing turn into something either (a) some commentary on society or social issue, (b) some commentary on politics, or (c) some other comment about ‘I’m right and you’re wrong, so there.’

     At this point, I’m willing to bet that a youtube video of bunnies bouncing on a trampoline would turn into some argument about abortion.  (I bet the video would be cool though – maybe I should search youtube for that, or better yet see if I could film it myself.  It might actually be calming).

     There are some things, yes, that do lend themselves to commentary like that.  Even some that lend themselves to vigorous debate.  But not everything.  I swear it’s worse than Godwin’s law (click the link to see what I’m talking about).  Sooner or later, every freakin’ topic turns to something ugly.

     Yes, Ook the caveman is out and angry, swinging his club.  Unfortunately when he does that, he’s not too careful about where he’s swinging and tends to cause a bit of damage, so I’ll apologize now (for those who don’t know – Ook is me, but he gets to be ugly while I have to play nice).

No comments:

Post a Comment