Saturday, May 12, 2012

It’s time to up the wattage!!!

 

     I sometimes enjoy doing ‘home improvement’ type projects.  There is something unique and satisfying about putting something together on your own.  Growing up, there were many times when I had to measure, cut, nail, glue, etc. as part of something.  I have a number of stories about those projects, but that’s for another time.  Here are some photos of my most recent project.

     To give you some background:  I needed to make a new ‘platform’ for our window air conditioning unit.  Since we rent, I did not install the window bracket hardware.

100_4573

Here is the ‘platform’.  You can’t really see, but I have marked two places near the bottom corners to drill holes for a screw to go through to hold the legs.

100_4574

Here’s what I used for the legs.  A 2x2x8 piece of wood.

100_4575

The finished legs.  They’re both 38” long.  I drilled holes in one end (to make putting the screws in easier), and then screwed them onto the platform.  Since I don’t have one of those neat automatic screwdrivers, I put a screwdriver bit on my drill.

100_4577

Here is the finished product, ready to hold the air conditioner.

100_4578

And here it is holding up the air conditioner.

It’s not the prettiest, and it’s certainly not the most professional looking of items, but it’s serviceable and that’s the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment