Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gardening update (of sorts)

 

I decided I will continue talking about things other than politics and current issues (go ahead, talk about politics, I dare you.  I don’t give a flying flip at this point) and talk more about the garden I have going this year.  I think it makes a much better topic. 

If you recall, I tilled up a section of our back yard which was a garden at some point prior to plant some small items.  It ended up being peas, beans and carrots.  There are also tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and peppers.  Here is a picture of what it looked like once the seeds started growing and the plants were in:

100_7209

 

Now?  While the carrots (which weren’t really in when the first picture were taken), are now in ( and recently thinned, although you can’t tell|).  I know, there are quite a few weeds, but I’m going to blame my heart attack for that.

100_7489

The beans are now starting to sport some beginnings of actual beans:

100_7491

And the peas?  I now have plants that are sporting quite a few pods.  We’re going to have to start harvesting those soon.

100_7494

The other plants are continuing to grow, but it seems to be a little early yet for things to be coming from them.

Overall, things are going well.  I was worried the wet spring had drowned out the plants, but they weathered it well and are now growing nicely since the weather has turned sunny and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment