Saturday, July 13, 2013

More adjustments

 

I do have some ideas moving around my head about current events, honest.  I think I just have to sit and write them down so they can be coherent.  The biggest thing rolling around my head is a growing sense of disappointment in my fellow man (the species not the gender, although sometimes it’s the gender too).  Ignorant, complacent, and way too quick to hurt others physically and mentally.  Anyway, that wasn’t the reason for my writing.  I have more adjustments to my new reality to talk about.

I finally had to get my medications adjusted.  My blood pressure was staying too high (130s and 140s over 80s and 90s), and when I’d rest (sitting or lying down) then my pulse would drop to the upper 50s.  I could tell something wasn’t quite right as I couldn’t stand up or bend over without dizzy spells.  So, a discussion with my regular doctor later, and I’ve added a med and cut the dose of another in half.  I’m doing better so far, but I’m sure there will be other adjustments that need to be made.

Being on a low sodium diet for over a month now, when I happen to eat something processed or, for lack of a better term ‘normal’ for an American diet, I cant’ help noticing how salty it tastes.  It really doesn’t take long for your tastes to adjust.  Even some things homemade are going to have to be adjusted going forward, if for no other reason than they are now too salty for me in taste to enjoy.

I am starting to be able to do more physically.  Which has been nice, since the peas are starting to come in and I am able to do pickings.  I can also continue to check plants and even pull a few weeds as necessary.  I do try to keep in mind that I’m not back to normal, but sometimes it’s difficult.  Mentally?  I’m not sure where I’m at.  Am I still trying to adjust, to deal with what has happened?  Has it not really sunk in?  Sometimes I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment